The Coral Enviro Board has temperature, light and humidity sensors for your IoT application. You can easily add sensors to your Coral Dev Board or Raspberry Pi project.
Four Grove connectors also allow you to conveniently connect additional sensors.
A special hardware component (secure element) allows your application to work with Google's Cloud IOT Core.
Coral Environmental Sensor Board: An accessory board that provides temperature, light, and humidity sensing for IoT applications.
- Humidity: Texas Instruments HDC2010 humidity sensor (measuring range: 0-100% with +- 2% accuracy)
- Temperature: HDC2010 (Measuring range: -40 to +125°C with +- 0.2°C accuracy)
- Brightness: Texas Instruments OPT3002 ambient light sensor (Optical spectrum: 300-1000 nm, measurement range: 1.2 nW/cm^2 to 10 mW/cm^2 )
- Barometer: Bosch Sensortec BMP280 barometric pressure sensor (measuring range 300 ... 1100 hPa with +- 1hPa accuracy)
Four Grove connectors, with different functions (see datasheet):
- 128 x 32 OLED display
- general purpose push button
- general purpose LED
- on-board TLA2021IRUGT 12-bit ADC (analog-to-digital converter), connected to Grove analog connector
- Microchip ATECC608A crypto chip with Google keys
- 40-pin GPIO connector for Coral Dev Boards and Raspberry Pi
The OLED display uses the SSD1306 controller and is connected via SPI.
The ATECC608A cryptoprocessor can store up to 16 256-bit keys in its EEPROM. This way, the device can be identified securely. For example, you can ensure that the measurement data comes from the correct (your own) hardware.
A Google key for use with Google Cloud IoT Core has been pre-installed at the factory; it can be overwritten if desired.
Dimensions & weight:
- with components: 65 x 30 x 18.46 mm
- Height of the 40-pin header: 8.5 mm
- Four mounting holes, 2.4 mm diameter
- Weight: 14 g
Overview of I2C addresses
- Humidity / Temperature Sensor: 0x40
- Ambient light sensor: 0x45
- Barometric sensor: 0x76
- ADC: 0x49
- Cryptoprocessor: 0x30
The Coral Environmental Sensor Board must be connected to a host with I2C, SPI and 3.3V power supply.
The 40-pin header and Python APIs are designed for compatibility with the Coral Dev Board or Raspberry Pi (and Mendel Linux or Raspberry Pi OS, respectively).
Google part number: G650-04023-01
Additional Legal Information
The products offered by Google are unrelated to the products offered under the CORAL trademarks owned by Orient Development Enterprises Ltd. in Taiwan.